DESCRIPTION OF COURSES
AC 501 INTRODUCTION TO AGROCHEMICALS (3L+0P) I
To give an overview of pesticides with reference to their classification, structure, mode of action, synthesis and formulations and pesticide residue analysis.
UNIT I -
Chronological development, classification, structures, toxicity, general properties and uses.
Synthetic and natural agrochemicals.
Plant production chemicals, nitrification inhibitors, chemical hybridizing agents and hydrogels
Seed coats and soil conditioners
Formulation analysis, quality control, safety aspects, pesticide poisoning and antidotes. Production, consumption and trade statistics of pesticides
Implications in the environment and general aspects of pest and pesticide management.
- Baker, D.R., Fenyes, J.G. and Steffens, J.J. (Eds.). 1992. Synthesis and Chemistry of Agrochemicals.
- Vols. I-III. ACS Symposium Series 504, ACS Washington D.C.
- Buchel, K.H. (Ed.). 1992. Chemistry of Pesticides. John Wiley & Sons. Handa, S.K. 2004. Principles of Pesticide Chemistry. Agrobios.
- Hassal, K. 1982. The Chemistry of Pesticides. The Macmillan Press.
- Marrs, T.C. and Bryan, B.T. (Eds.). 2004. Pesticide Toxicology and International Regulation. John Wiley
- & Sons.
- Murayama, T. 1987. Japan Pesticide Information. Japan Plant Protection Association, Tokyo. Parmar, B.S. and Tomar, S.S. 2004. Pesticide Formulation: Theory & Practice. CBS Publ. Roberts, H.A. (Ed.). 1982. Weed Control Handbook: Principles. Blackwell Scientific Publ. Rangasamy, Seeni and Dureja, Prem. Hand Book of Pesticides, SPS India.
- Tomar, S.S. and Parmar, B.S. 1992. Dictionary of Agricultural Chemicals. Academic India Publ.