DESCRIPTION OF COURSES
AE 555 TESTING AND EVALUATION OF AGRICULTURAL EQUIPMENT (2L+1P) I
To acquaint and equip with the procedure of testing and performance evaluation of farm power and machinery as per test standards.
Types of tests, test procedures, national and international codes.
Test equipment, uses and limitations.
Laboratory and field testing of selected agricultural equipment.
Analysis and interpretation of test data, case studies.
Laboratory and field testing of selected farm equipment. Interpretation and reporting of test results.
- Anonymous. 1983. RNAM Test Code & Procedures for Farm Machinery. Technical Series 12.
- Barger, E.L, Liljedahl, J.B. and McKibben, E.C. 1967. Tractors and their Power Units. Wiley Eastern.
- Indian Standard Codes for Agril. Implements. Published by ISI, New Delhi.
- Inns, F.M. 1986. Selection, Testing and Evaluation of Agricultural Machines and Equipment. FAO Service Bull. No. 115.
- Metha, M.L., Verma, S.R., Mishra, S.K. and Sharma, V.K. 1995. Testing and Evaluation of Agricultural Machinery. National Agricultural Technology Information Centre, Ludhiana.
- Nebraska Tractor Test Code for Testing Tractor, Nebraska, USA.
- Smith, D.W., Sims, B.G. and O’Neill, D.H. 2001. Testing and Evaluation of Agricultural Machinery and Equipment - Principle and Practice.
- FAO Agricultural Services Bull. 110.