DESCRIPTION OF COURSES
AE 634 UNIT OPERATIONS IN AGRICULTURAL PROCESS ENGINEERING (3L+0P) III
To acquaint and equip the students with different unit operations of food industries.
Size reduction, sorting and grading after threshing.
Dehusking and milling, principles of cleaning, aspiration and ventilation.
Extrusion, materials handling devices and their operational features.
Packaging machinery and materials.
- Brennan, J.G., Butters, J.R., Cowell, N.D. and Lilly, A.E.I. 1990. Food Engineering Operations. Elsevier.
- Earle, R.L. 1985. Unit Operations in Food Processing. Pergamon Press.
- Fellows, P. 1988. Food Processing Technology: Principle and Practice. VCH Publ.
- McCabe, W.L. and Smith, J.C. 1999. Unit Operations of Chemical Engineering. McGraw Hill.
- Sahay, K.M. and Singh, K.K. 1994. Unit Operation of Agricultural Processing. Vikas Publ. House.
- Singh, R.P. and Heldman, D.R. 1993. Introduction to Food Engineering. Academic Press.