DESCRIPTION OF COURSES
AGR 006 CROP MORPHOLOGY AND PHYSIOLOGY (1L+1P) I
To acquaint non- agriculture students with basics of plant morphology and physiological processes occurring in the plant.
Plant cell structure and function, morphology and anatomy of root, stem, leaf and flower
Pollination, fertilization, embryology, seed and its physiology.
Plant growth and development, plant growth regulators
Water relations, photosynthesis, respiration and mineral nutrition in plants
Anatomical features of root, stem, leaf and flower, cell structure, taxonomical description of flower, emasculation and artificial pollination, growth analysis, water relations, measurements of chlorophylls, photosynthesis and respiration, nutrient deficiency symptoms in crop plants.
- Bhojwani, S.S. and Bhatnagar, S.P. 1992. The Embryology of Angiosperm. Vikas Publishing House, New Delhi.
- Dutta, A.C. 2000. Botany: For Degree Students. Oxford University Press, Calcutta.
- Esau, K. 1977. Anatomy of Seed Plants, 2nd ed. Wiley, New York.
- Fahn, A. 1982. Plant Anatomy, Pergamon Press, Oxford.
- Ganguli, H.S., Das, K.S. and Dutta, C.T. 1981. College Botany Vol. I. New central Agency, Calcutta. Hopkins, W.G. 1995. Introduction to Plant Physiology. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York
- Linda R. Berge 2009. Brooks Cole Publishing Company, California, USA.
- Mauseth, J.D. 2003. Botany: An Introduction to Plant Biology. Jones and Bartlett Publishers International, London, U.K.
- Pandey, B.P. 2004. A text book of Botany. S.S. Chand Co. Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- Salishbury, F.B. and Ross, C.W. 1986. Plant Physiology, CBS Publishers & Distributors, New Delhi. Taize, L. and Zeiger, E. 2006. Plant Physiology. Sinauer Associates, Inc, Publishers, Sunderland, Massachusetts, USA.
- Tayal, M.S. 1983. Plant Anatomy. Rastogi Publication, Meerut.