DESCRIPTION OF COURSES
AS 600 ADVANCED DESIGN OF EXPERIMENTS (1L+1P) I
(Pre-requisite : AS 564)
This is an advanced course in Design of Experiments that aims at describing some advanced level topics for students who wish to pursue research in Design of Experiments. This course prepares students for undertaking research in this area. This also helps students for applications of this important subject to agricultural sciences.
Partially balanced incomplete block designs with two associate classes - properties, analysis and construction.
Resolvable block designs and their application: alpha designs, lattice designs. Multiple comparison procedures.
Fractional replication of symmetrical factorials. Asymmetrical factorials: construction and analysis of balanced confounded designs. Response surface designs, second order rotatable designs.
Overview of MS-EXCEL, SAS, SPSS, SPBD Release 1.0, SPFE 1.0. Analysis of block designs, Analysis of Latin square type designs, group divisible designs, triangular designs, lattice designs. Analysis of fractional replications of factorial experiments, analysis of asymmetrical factorials and block designs with factorial structure. Analysis of second order response surface designs.
- Cochran, W.G. and Cox, D.R. 1987. Experimental Designs. John Wiley.
- Cox, D.R. 1958. Planning of Experiments. John Wiley.
- Das, M.N. and Giri, N.C. 1986. Design and Analysis of Experiments. Wiley Eastern Ltd.
- Dean, A.M. and Voss, D. 1999. Design and Analysis of Experiments. Springer-Verlag.
- Dey, A. 1986. Theory of Block Designs. Wiley Eastern Ltd.
- Dey, A. 1986. Orthogonal Fractional Factorial Designs. Wiley Eastern Ltd.
- Dey, A. (2010). Incomplete Block Designs. Hindustan Book Agency (India).
- Dey, A. and Mukerjee, R. 1999. Fractional Factorial Plans. John Wiley.
- Parsad, R., Srivastava, R. and Gupta, V.K. Design and Analysis of Agricultural Experiments. E-Book http://www.iasri.res.in/design.
- Khuri, A.I. and Cornell, J.A. 1989. Response Surface Designs and Analysis. Marcel and Dekker.
- Little, R.C., Freund, R.J. and Spector, P.C. 1991. SAS System for Linear Models. SAS Institute Inc.
- Nigam, A.K. and Gupta, V.K. 1979. Handbook on Analysis of Agricultural Experiments. IASRI.
- Nigam, A.K., Puri, P.D. and Gupta, V.K. 1988. Characterization and Analysis of Block Designs. Wiley Eastern Ltd.
- Parsad, R., Gupta, V.K. and Khanduri, O.P. 2000. Cataloguing and Construction of Variance Balanced Block Designs: Computer Algorithms for Construction. IASRI.
- Raghavarao, D. 1971. Construction and Combinatorial Problems in Design of Experiments. John Wiley.
- Searle, S.R. 1971. Linear Models. John Wiley.
- www.iasri.res.in/design Design Resources Server.