DESCRIPTION OF COURSES
AS 661 ADVANCED DESIGNS FOR SINGLE FACTOR EXPERIMENTS (2L+1P) I
This is an advanced course in Design of Experiments for single factor experiments for students who wish to pursue research in Design of Experiments. This course prepares students for undertaking research in this area and also helps them for applications of this important subject
to agricultural sciences.
General properties and analysis of block designs. Balancing criteria. m-associate partially balanced incomplete block (PBIB) designs and their association schemes including lattice designs - properties and construction. Properties and construction of mutually orthogonal latin squares.
Designs for two - way elimination of heterogeneity including lattice square designs. Designs for test treatment - control(s) comparisons. Nested designs, mating designs, cyclic designs, block designs with nested rows and columns.
Optimality criteria and optimality of designs, robustness of designs against missing observation, presence of outlying observation(s), presence of systematic trend, model inadequacy etc. Diagnostics in design of experiments.
Analysis of data from block designs, PBIB designs, Lattice designs. Analysis of designs for two way elimination of heterogeneity, Analysis of augmented designs, Analysis of designs for test treatment - Control(s) Comparison, Analysis of mating designs. Diagnostic Study, Analysis of Lattice square designs.
- Chakraborti, M.C. 1962. Mathematics of Design and Analysis of Experiments. Asia Publishing House.
- Dean, A.M. and Voss, D. 1999. Design and Analysis of Experiments. Springer.
- Parsad, R., Srivastava, R. and Gupta, V.K. 2004. Design and Analysis of Agricultural Experiments. E-Book, http://www.iasri.res.in/design.
- Dey, A. 1986. Theory of Block Designs. Wiley Eastern Ltd.
- Dey, A. and Mukerjee, R. 1999. Fractional Factorial Plans. John Wiley.
- Hall, M. Jr. 1986. Combinatorial Theory. John Wiley.
- John, J.A. and Quenouille, M.H. 1977. Experiments: Design and Analysis. Charles and Griffin Co. Ltd.
- Khuri, A.I. and Cornell, J.A. 1996. Response Surface Designs and Analysis. Marcel Dekker.
- Montgomery, D.C. 2005. Design and Analysis of Experiments. John Wiley.
- Nigam,A.K., Puri, P.D. and Gupta,V.K. 1988. Characterizations and Analysis of Block Designs. Wiley Eastern.
- Ogawa, J. 1974. Statistical Theory of the Analysis of Experimental Designs. Marcel Dekker.
- Parsad R., Gupta, V.K. and Khanduri, O.P. 2000. Cataloguing and Construction of Variance Balanced Block Designs: Computer Algorithms for Construction. IASRI.
- Parsad, R., Gupta, V.K., Batra, P.K., Satpati, S.K. and Biswas, P. 2007. Monograph on a-designs. IASRI.
- Raghavarao, D. 1971. Construction and Combinatorial Problems in Design of Experiments. John Wiley.
- Shah, K.R. and Sinha, B.K. 1989. Theory of Optimal Designs. Lecture notes in Statistics. Vol. 54, Springer.
- Street, A.P. and Street, D.J. 1987. Combinatorics of Experimental Designs. Oxford Science Publication.
- Shah, K.R. and Sinha, B.K.1988. Theory of Optimality of Designs. Marcel Decker.