Last Updated: 08 August 2017
1. Consortium for e-Resources in Agriculture (NAIP Subproject)
2. Rice Knowledge Management Portal (RKMP) (NAIP Subproject)
- RKMP: RKMP: Rice Knowledge Management Portal (RKMP): A prototype of RKMP has been developed with SQL Server as backend and ASP.Net as front end (Fig. 2). Five information systems (General, Extension, Farming, Research, Service Information system) have been developed. Content for extension information system (EIS) and farming information system (FIS) have been collected and integrated with RKMP portal. Location specific FAQ Page designed. A web application including static and dynamic information was developed.
3. Bioinformatics Centre:
- Under the DBT programme on Biotechnology Information Services (BTIS), applications of Bioinformatics tools are being used to characterize sequences in genomics and proteomics. Currently, a web based application ‘Wheat Informatics’ has been developed which enables the target user to retrieve general, scientific, bioinformatics and other information on wheat. This application is user’s friendly and will help the students and researchers to know the details of the crop.
For more details, please visit: http://bic.iari.res.in.
4. Software development:
- A number of Bioinformatics software tools have been compiled and documented. Recently the Centre has developed Bioinformatics software tools like miRule, Micro RNA Designer, Rice Protein station and Plant Transmembrane Receptor Kinase Prediction Tool.
- Asset Management System and Leverage Management System are the two software developed to automate certain administrative activities.
5. Human Resources Development