Last Updated: 20 May 2015
- First F1 hybrid of cabbage ‘Pusa Cabbage Hybrid - 1’ from the public sector was released by the Central Sub Committee on Crop Standards, Notification and Release of Varieties of Horticultural Crops during 2012.
- A knol-khol variety ‘Pusa Virat’ was released by the HP State Seed Sub Committee during 2012.
- A CMS based F1 hybrid of temperate carrot ‘Pusa Nayanjyoti’ was released by the HP State Seed Sub Committee during 2009 and NCR, New Delhi during 2011 and notified by the Central Sub Committee on Crop Standards, Notification and Release of Varieties of Horticultural Crops.
- A powdery mildew resistant variety of Pea ‘KTP-8’ was identified for release in the XXIII Group meeting of the AICRP (VC) held at Kalyani, during 2005.
- Capsicum hybrid KTCPH-3 was identified for release in the XXIII group meeting of the AICRP (VC) held at Kalyani, during 2005.
- Three CMS lines (Ogu1A, Ogu2A and Ogu3A) with good seed setting capacity were developed in cauliflower. Introduced improved source of CMS (Ogura) into 15 promising lines of cabbage, 5 of broccoli and 3 of knol khol. 23 CMS lines of temperate carrot possessing desirable root traits were developed and used in hybrid development.
- In cauliflower, in vitro protocol for development of doubled haploid (DH) inbreds through anther culture has been standardized in few genotypes.
- Developed and maintained 6 SI lines of cabbage and used them in production of F1 hybrids.
- MS-12A GMS line of capsicum was registered with NBPGR during 2010.
- In lilium, different intervarietal hybrids with novelties in colour, shape, size and pollen less traits were developed. BC1 progenies were developed by backcrossing F1 LA hybrids selection with diploid Asiatic hybrid lilies. These progenies show new commercial traits such as flower colour, shape and plant size.