Last Updated: 30 May 2016
Research Programmes & Services
- The RBGRC is mainly engaged in the rice breeding programme of IARI targeting both basmati and non-basmati rice improvement.
- The Centre carries out hybridizations to the tune of about 1050 crosses every year
- Several thousands of breeding lines spread across different generations are advanced
- Marker assisted improvement of rice varieties for various biotic and abiotic stress tolerance
- Students research experiments are regularly supported
- Rice hybrid development using cytoplasmic male sterility (CMS) and temperature sensitive genic male sterility (TGMS) systems
- Test evaluations of hybrid crosses, male sterile line development, maintenance breeding and grow-out tests.
- Centre maintains about 1500 rice germplasm which is added with new accessions every year.