Last Updated: 30 May 2016
Development of all the IARI rice varieties have been shuttle routed through this center.
Through this Centre, IARI has so far developed and released 28 rice varieties that include 9 Basmati, 7 aromatic, 12 non-aromatic rice varieties and one aromatic rice hybrid, Pusa Rice Hybrid 10.
The most significant among these are,
- World’s first semi-dwarf basmati rice variety - Pusa Basmati 1
- World’s first aromatic rice hybrid - Pusa RH 10
- First Indian rice variety improved through marker assisted selection - Improved Pusa Basmati 1
- Rice variety with world’s longest cooked kernel - Pusa Basmati 1121
- Short duration basmati rice variety - Pusa Basmati 1509.