Home

Glimpse of IARI

E-mail Print PDF

 
 
American philanthropist, Mr. Henry Phipps, who donated generaously for the establishment of the Institute at Pusa, Bihar in 1905
 
Foundation stone of the Institute laid by His Excellency Baron Curzon of Kedleston, the then Viceroy and Govenor-General of India on 1st April 1905
 
The Agricultural Research Institute originally established at Pusa, Bihar, popularly known as 'Naulakha'
 
 
Scientists at work in a laboratory at the Agricultural Research Institute at Pusa, Bihar

 

 
Shifting of the Institute from Pusa to New Delhi in progress
 
Inaugration of the Institute's new campus at New Delhi in 1936
 
 
Dr. Rajendra Prasad, former President of India, during a visit of IARI
 
Dr. S. Rahakrishnan, former President of India, during a visit to IARI
 
Former Prime Minister of India, Shri Jawahar Lal Nehru presenting a degree certificate to a student at IARI
 
 
Former Prime Minister of India, Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri admiring a maize cob at IARI
 
Shri Morarji Desai, the then Union Finance Minister at IARI for the Institute's convocation in 1963
 
Dr. Zakir Hussain, the then Vice President of India ar IARI during the Institute's Diamond Jubilee celebration
 
 
Shri C. Subramaniam, the then Union Minister of Agriculture at the Institute's convocation in 1965
 
Dr. R. W. Cummings, the first Dean of IARI with Dr. M.S. Swaminathan in a sorghum field at IARI
 
Dr. Vikram Sarabhai, eminent nuclear scientist, delivering a speech at the inaugration of the Nuclear Research Laboratory
 
 
Former Prime Minister of India, Smt. Indira Gandhi inaugurating the Jawahar Jounti Seed Cooperative Society Ltd. under the seed village concept given by IARI

 

 
Former Prime Minister of India, Smt. Indira Gandhi in a laboratory at IARI
 
Shri V.V. Giri, former President of India and Shri Jagjivan Ram, former Union Minister of Agriculture during a visit of IARI
 
 
Shri V.S. Mathur and Dr. M.V. Rap with Dr. M.S. Swaminathan in a wheat field at IARI
 
Shri Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan (Frontier Gandhi) enjoying the fragrance of a rose flower in a field at IARI. Seen with him is Dr. Rajat De, an eminent scientist of IARI
 
Shri Rajiv Gandhi, former Prime Minister of India, presenting the degree of Dsc (Honoris Causa) to Dr. B.P. Pal, former Director of IARI
 
 
Rev. Mother Teresa, M.C., chief guest, at the 31st convocation of the Institute. Seated on her left is Dr. Balram Jakhar, the then Union Minister of Agriculture. Inset: Rev. Mother Teresa releasing the grains of a few field crops developed at IARI
 
Dr. Norman E. Borlaug (seated second from left) was the chief guest at the Institute's 34th convocation
 
Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, the then Scientific Adviser to the Union Minister of Defence (and former President of India) releasing a book at the 37th convocation of IARI
 
 
Dr. S. Nagarajan, former Director, IARI (centre) greeting the guests at the launching ceremony of the centenary year
 
Dr. Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission delivering the 35th Lal Bahadur Shastri Memorial Lecture at IARI
 
Shri Sharad Pawar, former Union Minisiter of Agriculture (second from right) was the chief guest at the 43rd convocation of the Institute falling in the centenary year

 << Back to 'About IARI' <<