Last Updated: 03 December 2012
- Breeding improved varieties and F1 hybrids for higher productivity, quality, nutrients, nutraceuticals, edible colour, value addition and export.
- Breeding improved varieties and F1 hybrids for biotic and abiotic stresses in commercially important and under utilized vegetable crops.
- Development of efficient and profitable methods of hybrid seed production.
- Standardization of fresh market and seed production technologies of important vegetable crops.
- Development of pre-breeding material in important vegetable crops.
- Nucelus and breeder seeds production of popular newly released varieties and of parental lines of F1 hybrids of vegetable crops.