Research Programmes & Services
- Basic research lead technology development for hybrid seed production in rice, Indian mustard, pigeon pea, pearl millet, single cross speciality maize and cauliflower.
- Assessing the effect of high temperature on seed yield and quality in parental lines of wheat hybrids.
- Evaluation and understanding the seed vigour and dormancy traits in rice.
- Deciphering the differential response of seed quality traits in conventional and quality Indian mustard genotypes.
- Seed compositional effect on vigour and storability in speciality maize.
- Physiological and molecular mechanisms of seed priming in pigeon pea and soybean under various a-biotic stresses.
- Evaluation of morphological, physiological and molecular traits associated with seed vigour and longevity in mini-core collections of soybean.
- Standardization of machine and crop variables for multi-stage mechanical seed processing.
- Seed quality enhancement technology for direct seeded rice, summer mung bean, chickpea and pigeon pea.
- Maintenance breeding and nucleus seed production of IARI varieties
- Quality seed production and marketing of IARI varieties/hybrids of field and vegetable crops
- Seed testing of field and vegetables crops
- Testing of commercial and farmer’s seed samples
- ISTA Proficiency Test Programme
- Advisory services to farmers and seed industry personnel in the areas of seed production, quality evaluation, storage etc.
- Plays a key role in release of new varieties/hybrids of field and horticultural crops, formulation of rules, regulations, and policies regarding seed certification, law enforcement and seed exchange