M.Sc. : Orissa University of Agric. & Techn. (OUAT), Orissa (1993) Gold Medalist
Ph.D : Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi (1998)
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Entomology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 3 completed
Ph.D : 1 completed+5 continuing
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Shivaji H, Thube, Mahapatro GK*, Chandrika M, Pandian TP, Elain Apshara and Jose CT (2020) Biology, feeding and oviposition preference of the tea mosquito bug, Helopeltistheivora, with notes on the distribution of Helopeltis spp. across elevation gradients in cocoa ecosystems. Animal Biology, 70: 67-79. June 2019. Online published. DOI: 10.1163/15707563-20191083. (A166, 7.3) *Chairman of Ph D thesis.
- Raj Verma, Savarni Tripathi, Gorane A, Naik AA, Nikam TD Ade AB and Mahapatro GK (2019) First report of zucchini yellow mosaic virus in bell pepper, Capsicum annum L., in India. Plant Disease, 103 (10): October 2019. Online published. DOI: 10.1094/PDIS-04-19-0740-PDN (P099, 9.58) Featured the article photoplate on the cover-page of this journal, October 2019 issue.
- Punam Kumari, Mahapatro GK, Nirupama Banerjee and Neera Sarin (2015). A novel pilin subunit from Xenorhabdus nematophila, an insect pathogen, confers pest resistance in tobacco and tomato. Plant Cell Reports, 34(11): 1863-1872. DOI: 10.1007/s00299-015-1833-6. (P096, 9.5)
- Punam Kumari, Mahapatro GK, Nirupama Banerjee and Neera Sarin (2015). Ectopic expression of GroEL from Xenorhabdus nematophilain tomato enhances resistance against Helicoverpaarmigera and salt and thermal stress. Transgenic Research, 24: 859-873. DOI: 10.1007/s11248-015-9881-9 (T082, 7.82)
- Punam Kumari, Sashi Kant, Shazmira Zaman, Mahapatro GK, Nirupama Banerjee and Neera Bhalla Sarin (2014) A novel insecticidal GroEL protein from Xenorhabdus nematophila confers insect resistance in tobacco. Transgenic Research, 23: 99�107. DOI: 10.1007/s11248-013-9734-3. (T082, 7.82)
- Mahapatro GK, Debajyoti C and Gautam RD (2017) Indian indigenous traditional knowledge (ITK) on termites: ecofriendly approaches to sustainable management. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge, 16 (2), 333-340. http://nopr.niscair.res.in/handle/123456789/40087 (I096, 6.92)
- Mahapatro GK (2016) Can insecticide resistance be developed in termites? Current Science, 112 (6): 1097-1098. (C195, 6.76)
- Mahapatro GK and Madhumita Panigrahi (2014) Endosulfan issue: science verses conscience. Current Science, 106 (2): 152-155. (C195, 6.76)
- Mahapatro GK and Madhumita Panigrahi (2013) The case for banning endosulfan. Current Science, 104 (11): 1476-1479. (C195, 6.76)
- Asawari Gorane, Raj Verma, Archana Naik, Tukaram Nikam, Avinash Ade, Gagan Mahapatro, Savarni Tripathi (2019) Characterization of a severe isolate of papaya ringspot virus from papaya in western India. Journal of Plant Pathology, Online published. DOI: 10.1007/s42161-019-00340-4 (J427, 6.82)
Patent / Technologies / Varieties / Methodologies / System etc. (Five only) :
- PATENT (IPA No 1618/DEL/2008); Publication Date: 16/04/2010. The Patent Office Journal, Part I, 16th, page no.15. (Co-inventor): Methodology and composition of artificial diet for mass rearing of lepidopteran pests (in particular Helicoverpa armigera, Spo
- Cashew hybrid �Poornima� (H 1593)(State Variety Release Committee, Kerala). Team work.
- Pioneer study of Ant-technology in India in cashew. Articles in Curr. Sci., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. India Sect. B., Cashew Bulletin, & Cover-page, Cashew Week (www.commodityIndia.com).
- Pusa Push Pull Strategy (Climate-smart, conservation-smart, carbon-smart and cash-smart, 4C): an eco-technology for termite management in wheat-maize agro-ecosystem. Validated successfully in the field.
- Website exclusively on Termites, www.termitexpert.in, launched in 2017, has gained > 3.27 lakh hits, a milestone achievement for any individual project.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Five only) :
- National Fellow ICAR, selected by Search-cum-Selection Committee of ICAR; for the project: Environmentally sustainable termite control: integrative & inclusive approach of frontier and indigenous technologies (National Fellow project 2011-17)
- Bharat Jyoti Award (2011) � Conferred by Former Governor of TN & Assam.
- (i) Fellow of Entomological Society of India (F.E.S.I.) since 2007. (ii) SPPS Fellow Award (2015) � Society of Plant Protection Sciences, IARI New Delhi.
- (i) Member of Board of Management, IARI, New Delhi, (ii) IMC, NRC, Grapes. (iii) IRC/RAC, IARI, New Delhi etc.
- Member in the Beekeeping Development Committee, Subcommitee-1 (States � Maharashtra & Gujarat)(Economic Advisory Council to Prime Minister).