M.Sc. : Agri. College and Res. Institute, TNAU, Coimbatore
Ph.D : College of Agriculture MPUAT, Udaipur, Rajasthan
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Division of Seed Science and Technology, IARI New Delhi
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 1( Member)
Ph.D : Nil
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Nallathambi, P., C.Umamaheswari., B. B. L. Thakore and T. A. More. 2008. Post-harvest management of ber (Ziziphus mauritiana Lamk) fruit rot (Alternaria alternata Fr. Keissler) using Trichoderma species, fungicides and their combinations. Crop Protection,28: 525-532.
- Nallathambi,P., C.Umamaheswari and T.A.More.2009. Phenolics and phenol oxidizing enzymes activity for screening ber (Ziziphus mauritiana) germplasm against powdery mildew (Oidium erysiphoides). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 79(10):838-840.
- Nallathambi, P and C. Umamaheswari. 2009. Production of aflatoxins in pomegranate by Aspergillus species. Indian Phytopathology, 62(2):178-182.
- Nallathambi, P. B.B.L.Thankore and C. Umamaheswari, 2008. Influence of growth factors on Alternari toxin(s) production and screening of ber germplasm against fruit rot resistance. Indian Phytopathology,61(2):164-170.
- Nallathambi, P., A. Nagaraja and C. Umamaheswari. 2010. Detection of aflatoxins in aonla fruits and their products. Indian Phytopathology,63(3):164-170
- Nallathambi, P., C. Umamaheswari and B. S. Nathawat. 2006. Diversity of leaf proteins in ber genotypes differ in powdery mildew reactions. Indian Journal of Arid Horticulture, 1(2): 44-47.
- Nallathambi, P and B. B. L.Thakore. 2002. Infection indices, yield loss and management of Alternaria rot (Alternaria alternata) in ber (Ziziphus mauritiana Lamk) using fungicides, Journal of Mycology and Plant Pathology, 32(3): 354-355.
- Nallathambi, P., P. Padmanaban and D. Mohanraj. 2001. Standardization of immunological techniques for the detection of sugarcane smut disease. Journal of Mycology and Plant Pathology, 31(1): 76-78.
- Nallathambi P, Sandeep Kumar Lal, G Boopalakrishnan, A Kumar, C Umamaheswari, Robin Gogoi, Shiv Kumar Yadav, Anuja Gupta, Naresh K Meshram and R Ilangovan.2018. Scanning Electron Microscopy and PCR Based Methods for Detection of False Smut [Ustilaginoidea virens (Cooke) Takahashi] Chlamydospores Associated with Rice (Oryza sativa) Seeds. Vegetos, 31(1) March, 2018. Doi:10.5958/2229-4473.2018.00003.4
- Nallathambi, P., C. Uma Maheshwari, D. P. Singh, Santosh Wapade, P. L. Kashyap, B. Aarthy, Priya Ravikumar, Anju Sharma and Rishav Kumar. (2019). Rapid mass culturing method of wheat (Triticum Spesis) Powdery mildew pathogen [Blumeria graminis (DC) Speer f.sp. tritici Marchall] under controlled condition at Wellington, The Nilgiris, India. Journal of Mycology and Plant Pathology. 49(2): 211-216.
Patent / Technologies / Varieties / Methodologies / System etc. (Five only) :
- Varieties : Carried out diseases evaluation and to get release 03 wheat varieties
- IARI released three commercial formulations of PGPR for seed treatment namely PasiPusa1 (Bacillus subtilis), PasiPusa-2 (Bacillus amyloliquifaciens) and PasiPusa-3 (Pseudomoans putida). As coordinator, these PGPR formulations were developed for seed-borne
- Methodologies: Standardized rapid mass culturing method for wheat powdery mildew pathogen (Blumeria graminis f.sp. tritici) and screening of wheat genotypes against resistance for the first time.
- Methodologies: Identified histological, bio-chemical and immunological indices in sugarcane for identification of red rot and smut resistant varieties.
- Systems: Exclusive facilities were designed with controlled conditions for purification and maintenance of wheat powdery mildew pathogen in polyhosue.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Five only) :
- HC Dubey Outstanding Young Scientist Award by ISMPP, Udaipur
- Fellowship of Indian Society of Arid Horticulture conferred by ISAH, ICAR-CIAH, Bikaner
- Fellowship of Indian Phytopathological Society conferred by IPS, IARI, New Delhi
- Fellowship of Indian Society of Mycology and Plant Pathology conferred by ISMPP, Udaipur
- STAI Silver Medal by Sugarcane Growers Association of India.