The main research thrust in floriculture crops:
- Collection, maintenance and assessment of germplasm from different parts of the country and abroad.
- Development of new varieties in different crops using conventional and non conventional methods.
- Improvement in agro-techniques for the production of flowers in open and protected environment for domestic and export markets.
- Collection maintenance and assessment of turf grasses for various Landscape usage and environment conditions
- Development of a package for post-harvest technology of flowers and value addition in flower crops
- Improvement in propagation techniques using in vivo and in vitro methods
- Survey, identification and control of important physiological disorders, diseases and insects.