Research Programmes & Services
- Agronomic studies on major field crops and cropping systems for sustainable production and soil health.
- Resource management for sustainable crop production.
- Integrated farming system research
- Integrated crop and resource management for enhanced productivity and profitability
- Integrated nutrient management with other agro-inputs for enhancing nutrient-use efficiency, sustainable productivity, profitability and soil health
- Development of organic farming modules for sustainable production and quality in high value crops
- Nutrient management for improving rhizospheric environment in major cropping systems.
- Agro-techniques for efficient use of irrigation and rain water for enhancing water productivity in various cropping systems
- Conservation agriculture for enhancing productivity and resource-use efficiency
- Weed assessment and management in crops and cropping systems
- Challenge Programme: Conservation agriculture (CA) for higher crop productivity and resource-use efficiency in rice-based cropping systems
- Decision support system for enhancing water productivity of irrigated rice‐wheat cropping system
- Evaluation of direct and residual effect of citrate and/or water soluble sources of phosphorus on the productivity and phosphorus use efficiency of major crops and cropping systems
- Management of solid waste (kitchen waste) through rapid composting
- Evaluation of bio-efficacy of Taba and Vitormone, the foliar N-fixing bio-fertilizer, in soybean and wheat
- Developing chickpea cultivars suited to mechanical harvesting and tolerant to herbicides
- Consortium Research Platform on Conservation Agriculture (Division of Agronomy): to develop CA practices in five cropping systems (rice-wheat, rice-mustard, cotton-wheat, pigeonpea- wheat & maize-wheat) under irrigated conditions.
- Adoption, impact and constraint analysis in direct-seeded rice cultivation systems vis-à-vis transplanted rice & scope of chemical based weed management strategy
- Precision farming for enhanced input-use efficiency (IARI-Flagship programme)
- Diversification of rice-wheat cropping system for enhanced sustainability and profitability
- Development of urea ammonium nitrate (UAN) application system for enhanced nutrient use efficiency
- Evaluation of Ag Rho N protect B as urease Inhibitor for enhanced nitrogen use efficiency of urea in rice
- Development of technologies for realizing production potential of new varieties and hybrids of vegetable crops
- Agronomic evaluation of products of slow release N fertilizers
- Evaluation of zinc, boron and sulphur coated urea/fertilizer in wheat and maize crops
- AICRP trials on Wheat and Barley
- AICRP trials on Rapeseed and Mustard
- AICRP trials on Pearlmillet
- AICRP trials on Soybean
- AICRP trials on Maize
Services offered by Biomass Utilization Unit:
- Processing of IARI farm waste residues for FYM preparation. About 10 trolleys of waste biomass are received everyday at BUU for recycling.
- Vermicomposting of crop residues and cattle dung.
- Distribution of FYM, sieved leaf compost and vermicompost for experimental use at IARI farms.
- Value addition of FYM by enriching it with rock phosphate.
- Supply of cattle dung to Biogas plants installed at Integrated Farming System model field in IARI.
- Demonstration and training to various visitors / farmers / entrepreneurs on various technologies available at BUU.
- Approximately 5,000 tonnes of different kinds of good quality compost produced annually at BUU.
- A revenue of Rs. 4.34 Lakh was generated during 2015-16 by selling various BUU produces viz. green fodder and grass, leaf compost, FYM, vermicompost etc. to farmers / entrepreneurs.
Services offered by Pusa Produce Sale Centre:
- Managing the sale of various IARI farm products viz. foodgrains, oilseeds, vegetables etc.
- Revenue of Rs. 13.13 Lakh was generated during April 2015 to March 2016