Last Updated: 28 January 2017
Division of Nematology has identified the following thrust areas:
- Nematode biodiversity and biosystematics using conventional and molecular approaches.
- Plant nematode relationships, nematode genomics and its utilization in the development of transgenics.
- Exploitation and use of beneficial and entomopathogenic nematodes for the management of insect pests of crops.
- Intensification of research on rice root-knot nematode, Meloidogyne graminicola under rice-wheat cropping system in the Indo-Gangetic plains.
- Climate change and its impact on population dynamics of nematodes.
- Nematode problems and their management under protected horticulture and different cropping systems.
- Evaluation of new molecules for their nematicidal action.